We may not be able to tell the difference between a floor range, alternating current or cold cranking amps, but we do know a lot about insurance for tradies. So, while you keep your eye on the nuts and bolts of your business, we’ll worry about the ‘what ifs’ on your behalf
Who is it for?
Some of the occupations we can provide cover for include (but not limited to):
- Residential Builders
- Landscape Gardeners
- Mobile Mechanics
What does this insurance cover?
A Trade Insurance Policy will typically cover:
- Liability – Your legal liability for personal injury or damage to property due to an occurrence connected with your business is covered where you are at fault.
- Tax Audit – Your professional fees, including legal and accounting fees, associated with a business tax audit, are covered.
- Fire and Other Damage – Your building and business contents are covered from certain specific events including fire, storm (not flood), lightning, impact by vehicles, explosion and earthquakes.
- Business Interruption – Business Insurance helps to repair and replace your damaged property. Business Interruption Insurance covers you for loss of gross profit or gross rentals following an interruption to your business, which was caused by an insured event, including fire or burglary, etc.
- Burglary – If someone breaks into your premises using forced and violent entry, you are covered for the theft of stock, other business contents and electronic equipment in your building.
- Money – You’re covered for loss or theft of money from certain locations. Any loss of money caused by accounting or clerical errors or theft from staff is not included.
- Glass – You’re covered for the replacement value of broken glass including the cost of temporary shuttering, replacement of signwriting and repair of plastic signs. Any stock damaged by the broken glass is also covered at the cost value.
- Goods in Transit – Loss or damage to your goods in transit is covered against specific events.
- Fraud & Dishonesty – You’re covered for the loss of money or goods due to any act of fraud or dishonesty by your employees, whether they are acting in collusion with others or alone. This fraud and deception needs to be discovered during the insurance period.
- Equipment Breakdown – Your mechanical or electrical equipment is covered as well as specific electronic devices.
- General Property – Cover for items of your choice such as mobile phones and laptop computers, whether you’re in the office or anywhere in the world.
Additional Trade Insurance Benefits should include:
- Australia-wide cover for tools and equipment theft
- 24 hours, 7 days a week cover for personal illness or accidents
- Protection from liability claims Australia-wide
- A selection of insurance covers to meet your needs
- 24-hour claims services
- Monthly premium payments to assist with your cashflow. It costs more to pay by the month.